Wednesday, January 11, 2023

A New Beginning

Well. Here we go. I’m not sure exactly what I am doing. I mean, I’m writing. That is the point. I like to write. I feel like I need to write. But here’s the thing. Technology isn’t my friend. I have no idea what I am doing on that end of this adventure. A friend helped me get set up this far. We met at a coffee shop this morning after I texted her to ask for her help in setting up a blog. She brought a computer, her phone, all she knows about setting up a blog, and a pen and paper. I brought a water bottle. That’s kind of what I mean when I say I’m not sure exactly what I’m doing. But I guess I’ll be hydrated while I’m doing it. So we’ll count that as some kind of win.

I thought we had it all set up.  Then I came home and tried it on my own.  (Have a mentioned technology isn't my thing?)  I was totally lost.  I used to post on another blog from years ago.  I guess I could have gone back to that one.  But something in me just wanted to start new.  I don't even know why.  When I couldn't figure out the other blog, I decided to hop back on here and see if it was any more familiar.  Turns out, it was.  And I got this far instead of having someone else's posts about their artwork and a random paragraph about 3 generations of names smack in the middle of what was supposed to be my blog.  I tried several ways to get rid of that stuff and couldn't figure it out.  So I  just jumped ship.  Maybe I should have persevered.  Tried harder.  Googled it.  Asked my teenagers.  But instead I just jumped ship.  I have limited energy and that issue wasn't worth using up any more of it.

So.  Here we are. 

Baby steps, I guess.

I was happy to find some kind of background (template?) that has red on it. Because even though this blog is called “Rebekah’s Ramblings” it was almost called “Red Robe Ramblings” since one of the things I like most is my red robe.  And the red robe did sneak into the web address, because there is some other Rebekah who already called dibs on just her ramblings for her site title thing (I know. I'm blowing you away with how techy I am.)  Whoever she is, I bet she isn't wearing a red robe while she types.  But I am.  So I’m happy that I found red for the blog. And it makes me giggle that my red robe made the cut for this launch into the internet world.  I mean, I do wear it every day.  Sometimes I wonder if because I wear it so much, it will just be superimposed into every memory my kids have of me.

At any rate, me and my red robe are typing this out together right now. It’s 2:31 pm. I’ve been awake since 6:15 am. I did shower. I am dressed. I have been out of the house today. Twice. But here I am with my red robe on over my clothes clunking away at a computer trying to figure this thing out. 

Water, a red robe, and lots of words. It’s what I’ve got. And I guess we’ll see where it goes from here.

(Just for full disclosure, after I hit the "preview" button I about fell over because of the red background.  That might need to go.  I think I need to find something a little less red....  But for now we're going to just leave this be.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday

 Just a few random things that happened on this fine Saturday -  1. I got all the dishes done for the first time in at least a week.  Then e...