Wednesday, January 18, 2023

So about ramblings....

I'm finally doing this.  Post #2.  I basically talked myself out of everything that came to mind to write on here last week and over the weekend.  I second guessed the choice to blog again about a million times.  And on top of that I took Faith on a little "girls day trip" last Saturday and then felt icky on Sunday so I slept most of that day.  Monday and Tuesday that kids were off from school so there was a lot going on in our home.  We didn't travel or do anything big.  But we had a blast at home not having to go anywhere for those two days.  A household of 6 solid introverts is nice that way.  We can find lots of fun things to occupy our time right within the walls of our home.  Blessings upon blessings...

So back to the reason I sat down to write this one.  Ramblings.  After that opening paragraph, this is just going to make so much more sense.  I'm a rambler.  (See previous paragraph if you don't believe me.)

I actually looked up the word "rambling" in the dictionary.  Not even an online dictionary.  The red one hard cover with real paper pages one that sit on my bookshelf.  It was a high school graduation gift from the lady who was my boss at my first job in high school.  My only job in high school.  I worked at the grocery store in town and I loved it.  Still probably one of my favorite jobs I've ever had.

Back to the dictionary.  Back to definitions.  Back to rambling.

Ramble, rambled, rambling

1. To move aimlessly from place to place or to explore idly 

2. To talk or write in a desultory or long winded wandering fashion

3. To grow or extend irregularly

Yes.  The name of this blog is appropriate.  I do all of those things.  I kind of am all of those things.  So if you're looking for a focused, linear, one directional purposeful blog.  Move on.  This isn't it.  

I had to look up the word "desultory" because I didn't know how to say it, I don't remember ever hearing it before, and I certainly didn't know what it means.

The first definition really made me laugh.  The dictionary said "of a circus rider who leaps from horse to horse".  First thought that came to mind was about a circus - not my circus, not my monkeys.  Except, this IS my circus and these ARE my monkeys.  Or I guess horses, not monkeys. If a circus rider jumping from horse to horse isn't a picture of how I do life, I don't know what is.  I really do love my circus even if I have to spend lots of time leaping from horse to horse.  

(Example: the children came home from school while I was writing this.  So I have stopped typing to be a psychologist to a 7th grader, cut up an apple, remind all children to eat something, help a child start up my new wax melting good smelling thing that I got for my birthday yesterday, and probably other things that I don't actually remember.)  Horse, to horse, to horse...

The next definition of desultory was "marked by lack of definite plan, regularity, or purpose".  Preach.  That is me.  With most everything.  The next was "not connected with the main subject".  I have a feeling that could happen a lot here as well.

Welcome to my rambling, desultory blog.  

Here we go.

This might be a bit of everything from book reviews to random deep thoughts to Scripture verses and lessons to real, funny, maybe hard or sad stories of life to recipes (But if I do post recipes I promise to just post them.  No videos.  No life story intertwined with the whole mess while you are just actually trying to find out how much flour to put in and how long to bake whatever it is.  Just ingredients and directions.) 

Rambling.  It's how I roll.

(The last listed definition of desultory was "disappointing in progress of performance, sluggish".  If I'm being honest, that is sometimes what this blog is going to be, too.  But I'm just going to do my best.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday

 Just a few random things that happened on this fine Saturday -  1. I got all the dishes done for the first time in at least a week.  Then e...